Avalon Memory Care has pioneered a unique model of care that is tailored to the individual special needs of those affected with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and cognitive impairments in a safe and secure environment. Their comprehensive philosophy of care means that they attend to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident to ensure they achieve their full quality of life potential with individualized daily routines.
At Avalon Memory Care all of their focus and attention is on you and your loved one. Their family is dedicated to helping the people in their community through the difficult process of transitioning loved ones to a home that meets their evolving care needs. Avalon Memory Care is unparalleled in professional and sensitive care while also assuring the safety and well-being of their residents. They are licensed by the State of Texas as a small/large Type B Assisted Living with Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders certification. They have comparable licensing from the Department of Health and Senior Services in the State of Missouri.
At Avalon, they emphasize activities of life that promote each resident’s self-esteem and dignity. This special approach oftentimes results in a reduction of medications, increased appetite and acceptance of the new surroundings. They feel that their therapeutic environment maintains autonomy as disease progresses, in many cases, as residents continue many of the daily personal tasks for which they are acquainted with based upon their life. Your loved one will be surrounded by an experienced team of Avalon professionals and familiar treasures to help reinforce positive memories, while living in the comfort and privacy of their own rooms in a spacious, home-like environment. They’ll enjoy luxury accommodations including exquisite furnishings in homes designed to promote a “homelike feel” as opposed to larger institutional environments. The combination of environment, customized care, and their loving approach allow their residents to bond with their care team, giving their loved ones peace of mind.
Residents with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive impairments deserve a model of care that’s uniquely tailored to their special needs. At Avalon Memory Care, they strive to achieve excellence in memory care for your loved one by focusing on each individual’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
They specialize in care specifically for those with Alzheimer’s or related dementias, but are happy to assist in these and other extenuating circumstances:
- Dementias induced from temporary illness, surgery, or accident
- Requiring assistance with balance, mobility and using canes, walkers, or wheelchairs
- Incontinent, frail or needing assistance and supervision with activities of daily living
- Visually or hearing impaired
- Experiencing memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer’s, confusion, wandering or depression
Their services are based on family requests, needs, pre-admission appraisal, and subsequent reappraisals. These services include:
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, incontinence care, walking and other activities of daily living
- Continuous care and supervision from trained staff; residents will be observed for changes in cognitive, physical, emotional and social functioning
- Arrangements can be made for temporary illnesses and recovery from surgery or accidents
- Continuous communication with family, physicians and other appropriate persons or agencies regarding a resident’s needs
- Medication management including assistance with ordering, safe storage and administering of prescribed and over-the-counter medications in accordance with physician’s instructions
- Mental health care and counseling
- Assistance obtaining necessary medical and dental needs
- Planned social and recreational activities
- Health promotion and exercise programs
Website: Avalon Memory Care