Founded in 2002, Selected Benefits, Inc. serves the health insurance needs of Texans in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. They’ve worked hard to simplify the health insurance process, making it fast and easy for you to find the plan that fits your unique needs and budget. While their company was originally started to help Realtors obtain health insurance, they now offer their insurance plans to the general public. In addition to offering individual and family health insurance, health savings accounts and medicare supplement, they provide plans for dental, vision, accidental injury, critical illness, life insurance and both large employer group and small group health insurance.
What is large and small business group health insurance?
Group medical coverage is a single policy issued to a collection of people, typically a business with employees. It covers all eligible employees and sometimes their dependents.
- More comprehensive insurance plans offered
- Lower premiums for insurance plans in most cases
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Better access to care through larger networks
- Tax incentives for providing health insurance to employees
- Improves employee morale
How does large and small business group health insurance work?
With group health insurance, the employer selects one plan or multiple ones, which are offered to employees. The premium costs are usually split between the employer and employee, and there is a minimum percentage rate the employer must contribute. Additional considerations include:
- Coverage is generally guaranteed
- Business must meet certain participation criteria to qualify for a group plan
- Shop for coverage at any time of the year
Website : https://www.selectedbenefits.com/