Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), College of Nursing, started in 2007 at Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) campus, Sangli. The college has permission from Maharashtra Nursing Council, Mumbai, and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. The college has 100 intake capacities for B.Sc Nursing, 30 seats for P.B.B.Sc Nursing & 25 seats for M.Sc.Nursing. Our college is equipped with Nursing Arts, Community Health & Nutrition laboratories, teaching aids & a departmental Library Since we have our own Medical college in the same campus, our students get exposure to the teaching of faculty members having expertise in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology & Microbiology & other subjects. Similarly, our students also have access to the library of our Medical College, which has a very vast collection of reference books. Our college also subscribes to journals and makes audio-video material & equipment available to the students. Hostel facilities with modern amenities are available to our students on the campus. The atmosphere in the college is very congenial for professional growth.
College of Nursing Highlights –
- Approved by Indian and Maharashtra nursing council.
- Intake capacity for B.Sc. (N) : 100 Seats, M.Sc. (N): 25 Seats,P.B.BSc(n) :30 Seats.
- Excellent physical Infrastructure.
- Well qualified Teaching faculty
- Hands-on clinical practice in 750 bedded Bharati Hospital and in Specialty Hospitals of Sangli, Miraj.
- Community field experience in urban as well as Rural Settings.
- Development of the students through participation in curricular as well as extracurricular activities at University State and National Level.
- Encouraging students to participate in Sports competitions at University State, National, and international levels.
- Extension in community services such as conducting health camps, health awareness programs through street plays, exhibitions, home visits, rallies on national health programs
- Involvement of faculty in creating awareness regarding “Nursing profession as a winning Career” among science colleges in Sangli, Miraj & Kolhapur.
- Conducting the In-Service Education program for the Staff Nurses of Bharati Hospital, Sangli by the faculty.
- Deputation for M.Sc. Nursing, Ph.D. Nursing & up-gradation of faculty through faculty development program, organization & participation in conferences,seminars, workshops
- Students are assisted for the following:
- Loan facility
- Fee concession
- NSS activities such as tree plantation, road safety rallies, prevention of addiction, save girl campaign, adult education.
- Digital library with online journals & books.
- 70% of the Alumni are working in State Government hospitals and Abroad.
|No of seats :||25 (All Specialities )|
|Eligibility :||B.Sc. Nursing / P.B.Sc.Nursing with one year teaching or clinical experience. Candidates who are medically fit.|
|No of seats :||100|
|How to apply :||Prospectus are available from April in the Nursing colleges (Sangli, Pune, Mumbai) and Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University).|
|Eligibility :||a) Higher Secondary school certificate Examination (12 years course), With English individually and must have obtained 45% for open and 40% reserved category marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English taken together at the qualifying examination i.e. H.S.C./10+2 or ICSE or PUC.
b) Admission as per Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) C.E.T Merit.
c) 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
d) Candidates who are medically fit.
|No of seats :||30|
|How to apply :||Prospectus are available from February in the Nursing colleges (Sangli, Pune, Mumbai) and Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University).|
|Eligibility :||a) Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination (10+2) + G.N.M
b) Candidates who are medically fit.
The fees, including tuition fee, college development fee and other fee, are as follows:
|Course||Regular||Management||Foreign / NRI / PIO|
|Basic B.Sc. Nursing||Rs.80,000/-||Rs.1,00,000/-||US $3,550/-|
|P.B.B.Sc. Nursing||Rs.65,000/-||Rs.80,000/-||US $2,250/-|
|M.Sc. Nursing||Rs. 1,00,000/-||Rs.1,50,000/-||US $6000/-|
Programs And Courses-
P.B.B.Sc. (Nursing) –
On completion of B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) degree program the graduates will be able to:
- Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients/clients that contribute to the health of individuals, families, and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological, and behavioral sciences.
- Participate as members of the health team in the promotive, preventive, curative, and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in community health settings.
- Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings.
- Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
- Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
Duration: 2 years
B.Sc. (Nursing) –
To create the learned support staff to cater to the need of expert health solutions for future healthy India.
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria –
M.Sc (Nursing) –
Graduates of Master of Science in Nursing Programme Demonstrate:
- Increased cognitive, affective, and psychomotor competencies and the ability to utilize the potentialities for efficient nursing performance.
- Expertise in the utilization of concepts and theories for the assessment, planning and intervention in meeting the self-care needs of an individual for the attainment of his/her fullest potential in her/his field of specialty.
- Ability to practice independently as a nurse specialist.
- Ability to function effectively as educators and administrators.
- Ability to interpret health-related research and develop initial competencies in conducting research.
- Ability to plan and initiate change in the health care system, in practice, and in the delivery of health care.
- Leadership qualities for the advancement of the practice of professional nursing.
- Ability to establish a collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines for maintaining and improving healthcare.
- Interest in lifelong learning for personal and professional advancement.